Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Long Time No Blog, Again"
















As usual,




it has been forever since I have taken the time to sit down and write something. I don't know what it is, but I have been so tired lately that even thinking about writing has been almost painful.

Just feeling rushed, and tired and pushed to get through each and every day. Updating my blog feels like a luxury.

So on yesterday, I decided that I would work most of the day to make sure that I had today off for the most part. I didn't want to have anything that was pressing or trying or "needed" tending. And since I stuck to the grindstone and got everything done, here I am.

I did take a bit of time this morning to go out into what is left of the garden.

I think that I have been neglecting doing so because as childish as it sounds, working in the garden makes it TERRIBLY difficult for me to want to get back to my routine.

It is like when I work outside, I am transported to a place that I don't want to leave. I don't feel the time constraints, there are no other people and their attitudes to deal with, little noise. I just get so wrapped up into it that I don't want to get back to the norm.

So I did a little raking and watering, and sweeping off the porch. I took in the laundry that I had hung out yesterday, and cleaned some things from the yard. I had the boys out to help with a thing or two before setting them free and we got the garbage ready for pick up tomorrow. I filled my watering bin back up, tidied up the hose, and then headed back inside. I have the basil that I planted sitting on a shelf next to the back door. The scent from it a constant reminder of some of the things that truly make me happy.

Tomorrow it is back to the routine and the rush, and the "must do's. I am looking forward to the end of this semester even though the Holidays are fast approaching. I got half of my shopping done already and will concentrate on the other half this month. I wanted it do it thoughtfully, but as quickly as possibly.

Yet, no matter how rushed, or pushed, or overwhelmed I have been feeling lately, I am still grateful that I have something to be rushed, pushed, or overwhelmed about. Got to find the positives.

Hope that all are well and that life is treating you kindly. Till next time....














3 comments:

Martha said...

Look at those photos! I can't believe you're still getting all that from your garden, that's wonderful!

I can so relate to this entry - life is just too busy and too hectic! (meanwhile I just signed up for NaBloPoMo - There's something wrong with me, LOL!

I sure do miss all the time I was able to spend in my garden in the summer, wish I could be out there every single day, it really is a different world when we're in our gardens!

Wishing you a less hectic week ahead :-)

SolitaryDancer said...

Love the pics. It's all looks so good.

I do the same thing. I rush and rush and rush and push myself so I can have one day (usually Sunday) to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I may not like the pushing I do on Saturday but by Sunday I am grateful.

You have a wonderful day and you are right. There is a positive side to having something to rush for.

Deb

Martha said...

I think it's time for an update! :-P